|Julia Peirone, Golden Sunset, 2016 © Julia Peirone|
At Moderna Museet
|Patrick Demarchelier at Fotografiska.|
- Fotografiska (photography)- ongoing exhibitions include Patrick Demarchelier "Lumière" (until May 14th) and Cooper and Gorfer "I Know Not These My Hands" (until June 11th). Click here to read my recent visit. A promising upcoming exhibition is Arthur Fellig "EXTRA Weegee" (April 7th to May 28th).
- Moderna (modern art)- several exhibitions going on... like Golden Sunset (until the end of the year), Loulou Cherinet (until June 18th) and Marina Abramovic (until May 21st). A few upcoming exhibitions as well, including Written in Light (April 8th to Sep 3rd). Don't miss their permanent collection as well (always with free entrance)!
- Millesgården (art & sculpture)- most people go there to see Carl Mille's sculpture garden, but they have art exhibitions as well. Two interesting exhibitions going on: Chanel Balmain Dior, Marianne Bernadotte - A Style Icon (until June 11th) and Gerda Wegener & The Danish Girl (until May 14th).
Eero Aarnio, Ball Chair, 1963. © Eero Aarnio
At Kulturhuset. Photo by Rauno Träskelin.
- National Museum (classic art and design)- currently closed for renovations, reopening in 2018. However they have temporary exhibitions at Kulturhuset, like Finnish designer Eero Aarnio (until April 23rd).
- Thielska Galleriet (fine art, Scandinavian)- the current exhibition is "Artistic Blossoming: Art Noveau at Rörstrand 1895-1929" (until June 4th). You can click here to see what is coming up this summer. Great collection of Swedish masters on exhibit as well.
The drawing room (at Prins Eugen Waldemarsudde)
Photo by Åke E:son Lindman
- Prins Eugen's Waldemarsudde (fine art)- the spring exhibitions are "Joan Miró- the poetry of everyday life" (until June 4th) and "A Fairytale School- the Swedish Folkskola Celebrates 175 Years" (until May 21st). Click here for descriptions. Don't miss Prince Eugen's private collection as well.
- Bonniers Konsthall (contemporary art)- the current exhibition is Susan Philipsz (until May 6th). Click here to read about my visit.
- Sven-Harry's Konstmuseum (mixed art)- the current exhibition is "Urban Larsson: Landscape, Still Life and Portraits" (until April 16th). The upcoming exhibition looks really good... Swedish master "Anders Zorn" (April 30th to Aug 13th).
"Fors under gammal stenbro", 1884
at Sven-Harry's Konstmuseum
Photo: Zorn Museum in Mora