|Stockholm views. Photo by Henrik Trygg/mediabank.visitstockholm.com.|
|Guards at the Royal Palace. Photo by Jeppe Wikström/mediabank.visitstockholm.com.|
- 9th- Shrove Tuesday. The day to eat a semla!
- 8th to 14th- Stockholm Design Week and Furniture and Light Fair.
- 11th- Royal Palace Sprint World Cup cross country skiing around the palace.
- 14th- Vikingarännet ice skating race on natural ice.
- 23rd- World Cup skiing event at Hammarbybacken.
- 3rd- Ellie Goulding in concert at the Globe Arena.
- 4th- Carrie Underwood & Jill Johnson concert at Hovet.
- 8th- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis concert at Globe Arena.
- 11th & 12th- Melodifestivalen (Swedish finals for Eurovision) at Friends Arena.
- 16th to 18th- Kings of Tennis at Stockholm Waterfront.
- 24th through 28th- Easter weekend. Keep in mind that Friday & Monday are bank holidays in Sweden. Skansen is a good place to partake in traditional celebrations.
- Sweden vs Czech Republic in football (mens) at Friends Arena.
- 1st- First day of the Stockholm City Bike season.
- 2nd- Mariah Carey concert at the Globe Arena.
- 9th & 10th- Medieval Market in Kungsträdgården.
- 16th- Cherry Blossom Day in Kungsträdgården.
- 23rd- the amusement park Gröna Lund opens for the season.
- 23rd- Stockholm's Culture Night. Hundreds of free cultural events throughout the city.
- 23rd & 24th- Liquorice Festival at Annexet.
- 25th- Dixie Chicks concert at Hovet.
- 27th- Janet Jackson concert at Hovet.
- 28th- Adele concert at Tele2 Arena.
- 30th- Walpurgis (Valborg) celebrations. Bonfire celebrations around the city and Skansen.
- 1st- International Workers' Day (bank holiday- though it falls on a Sunday this year).
- 5th- Ascension Day (bank holiday).
- 5th- Josh Groban in concert at Stockholm Waterfront Center.
- 7th- Bryan Ferry concert at Stockholm Waterfront Center.
- 10th through 14th- Eurovision Song Contest at Globe Arena. Thousands of people come to the city with millions of TV viewers tuning in.
- 22nd- Prince Bertil Memorial historical motor parade.
- 22nd- Color Run (a very colorful race).
- 25th- Rod Stewart concert at Globe Arena.
- 27th to 29th- Elitloppet (harness racing championship) weekend. Very popular!
- 1st- 5 Seconds of Summer concert at Globe Arena.
- 2nd to 6th- A Taste of Stockholm (restaurant/food festival) in Kungsträdgården.
- 2nd to 6th- Early Music Festival (baroque, renaissance and medieval music) in Gamla Stan.
- 4th- The Stockholm Marathon. Huge!
- 6th- Swedish National Holiday (bank holiday).
- 10th & 11th- Summerburst Festival at Gärdet.
- 11th- Stockholm Swim-Run.
- 16th- Stockholm Bauhaus Athletics Meet (Diamond League).
- 24th to 26th- Traditional Midsummer celebrations.
- 30th to July 3rd- ÅF Offshore Race (sailing regatta in Stockholm harbor).
- 30th to July 3rd- Stockholm Street Festival in Kungsträdgården.
- 2nd & 3rd- World Championships in Triathlon.
- 3rd- Coldplay concert at Friends Arena.
- 4th- Rihanna concert at Tele2 Arena.
- 9th- Monsters of Rock concert at Friends Arena.
- 14th to 16th- TBEX Europe Congress in Stockholm (travel bloggers and writers visit the city).
- 25th to 31st- Stockholm Gay Pride. Very popular, ending with a city wide parade on Saturday.
- 26th- Beyoncé concert at Friends Arena.
- 30th- BAO concert at Skansen.
- 13th- 10k Midnight Race (Midnattsloppet) on Södermalm. Festive atmosphere.
- 14th- DN outdoor concert with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra.
- 16th to 20th- We are Sthlm (youth festival) in Kungsträdgården.
- 16th to 20th- Stockholm Cultural festival. Everything cultural, everything free.
- 24th to 27th- Formex international Nordic design fair.
- 26th & 27th- Popaganda (pop music festival).
- 28th to Sept 4th- Baltic Sea Festival (classical music).
- 3rd- Tjejmilen (womens 10k run).
- 4th- Sthlm Bike (morning bike race).
- 5th- Ö till Ö. World chamionships in swim-run out in the archipelago.
- 6th- Sweden vs Netherlands in mens football (World Cup qualifier) at Friends Arena.
- 10th- Stockholm Half Marathon.
- 24th & 25th- Lidingöloppet (international cross country running).
- 24th & 25th- Historic Autumn Market at Skansen.
- 29th & 30th- Justin Bieber concert at Tele2 Arena.
- 7th to 16th- Stockholm Jazz Festival at different venues throughout the city.
- 9th- The Cure concert at Globe Arena.
- 10th- Sweden vs Bulgaria in mens football (World Cup qualifier) at Friends Arena.
- 31st- last day of the Stockholm City Bike season.
- 10th- Nobel Day (prize ceremony and gala dinner).
- 13th- Lucia Day celebrations.
- 24th & 25th- Christmas.
- 31st- New Year's Eve.
Many of the dates and websites for events in October, November and December haven't been determined yet (as I write this in Feb '16). Check back towards the end of summer for an updated fall/winter calendar.