Restaurant Grill

I'm back after a relaxing 2 week vacation ready for a great 2011 here in Stockholm. It seems like Spring is in the air here in the city, but I'm not going to hold my breath.... Swedes are notorious for jumping the gun when it comes to Spring. Just when you think Winter is over a snowstorm will hit!

My first post after my vacation will be dedicated to Grill, one of the most popular restaurants in Stockholm. I went there with friends to celebrate the start of my vacation... and that is the type of restaurant Grill is: a place Stockholmers go to celebrate special occaisions or just splurge on good food. Grill is part of the restaurant empire of chef Melker Andersson, including other popular restaurants such as F12, Kungsholmen and Le Rouge. The ambiance is lively with a great bar scene and the design is ecclectic. The restaurant is split into 8 different seating areas, each with its own design theme including circus, Italy, hunting lodge and Versailles. The design esthetic gives you a lot to look at besides the people watching. When it comes to the food there is one overriding theme: grilled! The menu is international in scope, with dishes from the four corners of the world and at least one component on each dish is grilled using one of five different grilling methods. A friend and I split the Grill Plate which gives you an assortment of charcoal grilled meats with accompanying sauces. Delicious! I was a bit fascinated by the Tuna Teppanyaki that another friend ordered which came with its own grill at the table... looked great. Grill is located in the downtown area, about a 10 minute taxi ride from the Rival Hotel or about 5 subway stops (closest stop- Rådmansgatan, green line). It is a popular restaurant so booking in advance is necessary.

The pictures here are from the restaurants press pictures. I did take my own pictures, but they came out a bit blurry. I blame it on the great wine!

For more restaurant reccomendations, click here!
.

Comments

Popular Posts